Monday 2 January 2012

Thoughts on 2012

New Years day is a special day for me. It is my parents wedding Anniversary and a day when all our family strive to spend the day together. It is one of the most favourite days of my year...even better that it is at the beginning.
Mum and Dad celebrated 57 years together..what an achievement, and still seem to be so happy together (at least it seems that way).
They have always shown myself my sister and brother so much love and support that I feel truly blessed. Thank you so much x.


My son and daughter, my nieces, my great niece and my grandson.


2011 though not awful by any means was very flat, and this year I resolve to be more positive and make the most of my life and appreciate the many blessings I have.
I also want to try and make this blog a sort of diary to keep me motivated.

I have a new baby grandson due to arrive in about a month which I am so looking forward to. I am sure he will be as wonderful as my first grandson Jordan.




My son and his girlfriend are due to move into my home in Kent. They were actually due to move in last week but things did not go as planned and it has been delayed. I know that they are so excited about this and I look forward in helping them move in, although it will be strange for me to see them changing my old home where we spent many happy times.

I also look forward to spending time with my crafty friends, both in Kent and Colchester.

I will not bore you with my resolutions for the year, but one of them is to make the most of every day and try to do something constructive with it.

Today was the tidying up of the front garden. A small job that had been put off for too long. It went from this...


To this..





Also DB is repairing the ballcock in the downstairs loo, this has been broken for about a month and has been mighty inconvenient, (pardon the pun).




Sorry about the long post..well done for making it to the end.

Laurie x

1 comment:

  1. Popping in to say hi! Lovely photo of your family, Laurie. And your drive looks much improved. First photo looks like mine, want to come give it your magic?! Hope 2012 is much more positive for you, and a wonderful start with a new project and grandchild on its way. Hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete